Well as the saying goes “Time Flies when you are having fun”. This year has been no exception feels like we were only celebrating the new year last week and now its 9 weeks until christmas.
This sent me into a bit of a panic and made me do a stocktake of supplies so that I was ready. Suppliers always get inundated with last minute orders and the general christmas rush. So I wanted to be prepared so that I didn’t run out of anything and got in early so that my suppliers had it in stock.
So my checklist went a little like this.
- Business Cards – Very important especially with upcoming shows, exhibitions and markets.
- Gift Tags – MOO cards are ideal for this. Mini business cards. www.moo.com
- Packaging – Boxes, tins and Tissue Paper
- Postal Supplies – Padded envelopes, Express Bags.
- Sterling Silver Recycled Sheet and Wire (to make all my earhooks)
- Sheet Glass
- Wax – I know seems a little weird to have on my list but I need it to carve my designs for lost wax casting.
- Metalsmithing Super Essentials – SOLDER, FLUX AND PICKLE
- Assorted Findings and beads that are not handmade but are rather accents.
- Snaplock bags (can never have to many in various sizes)
Check, check, OK I think I am all sorted and actually organised.
I have been doing alot of searching Ebay for packaging supplies as there alot of sellers sell in various bulk quantities. There are also some sellers who sell tissue paper precut in 30cm x 30cm pieces which is an ideal size for jewellery. Convenient so that I also don’t have to cut it up as its ready to go.
One little gem I found in my search was this seller who sells various printe snaplock bags. http://stores.ebay.com.au/Mini-Ziplock-Bags
How is your to do list coming along?